The EU Citizens Rights project has asked us to make folk aware of the following event. Sorry about the short notice but it only came in today.
EU Citizens Rights Project Scotland has organised a briefing session in Perth aimed at NGOs, EU citizens’ rights groups, community groups and other third sector organisations working with vulnerable EU/EEA citizens that would like to learn what Brexit and the EU Settlement Scheme mean to them.
It will take place on 09/11/2019 from 10am to 12:15pm at The Salutation Hotel (34 South Street, PH2 8PH, Perth)
Attendees will be signposted to any relevant materials and support tools, such as Home Office toolkits, and specific advice services for citizens who need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
This free briefing session will:
- Give them a clear understanding of the EU Settlement Scheme (the new immigration status that EU citizens will need to apply for after Brexit)
- Explain the changes to EU citizens’ status, so they are able to provide assurances.
- Explain the changes to EU citizens’ rights to work, study, access public services, and to vote.
- Signpost sources of further information and support.
- Give practical information on the steps EU citizens, and the organisations that work with them, can take to resolve any problems.
People can register their interest here.